Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Wife's Fatness

My wife isn't fat, but she will be pretty soon. She's definitely getting fatter. I guess the thing about it is that it's like watching an accident happen. I feel rather helpless about it. I don't know what I can do to assist really. I suppose there are things. But the main thing about it is that it's going on. Who do I tell that my wife is getting fat?

She has a fairly significant belly. Her clothes are quite a bit tighter than they used to be. She's at that age where people get fatter. I guess that's most ages between 22 and 75.

She would be quite angry if she knew I were saying this. She I'm sure is practicing some self-deception about the situation. She is dimly aware that she's getting fat, but her talking about it or me talking about it to her would shine a very uncomfortable light on her pain.

I was going to say that I don't think less of her for this - the whole getting fat thing - but I do. Why should I sugar coat from my totally anonymous cocoon. She lacks self control. She eats to pass the time, the way people do. She's not that disciplined. To be sure, you need really extraordinary discipline to not eat some delicious chocolate. How many humans 20,000 years ago would've been able to?

It does make me less attracted to her. Which leads me to my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment